Monday, June 27, 2005

Do You, um, Wahoo? (Part Deux): The Id and I Strikes Back!

Alice in (Cleveland) Chains: "Here they come to snuff the rooster. Yeah, here comes the rooster, yeah! You know he ain't gonna die. No, no, no, ya know he ain't gonna die..."

You know, Cleveland, ya gotta cut Footloose! The Cleveland Indians shut down the Boston Redsox on Monday night faster than the Project Greenlight web site! Somewhere Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are spinning in their bloody sox graves!

Cleveland Indians, send all remittance (for services rendered) to:

The Golden Goose @
1313 Nostradamus Lane
Prognosticators Heights, Ohio 44115

Go on! Rub the McBuddha's belly for good luck - I don't bite!

Han Solo to The Id and I: "That's great, kid! Now don't get cocky!"

I'm sorry, but I'm excited, and not for the shameless self-glorification of my ego, either. I want the Cleveland Indians to succeed: It's one of the few thing in this town that brings all the citizens together on any given sunny day. Call me a hypocrite, call me a shill for the organization - it's all good - but these young brand of baseball hot shots are giving it their all, and what more could you ask for...?

Grady Sizemore popped one out of Fenway park! This kid is the real deal, for sure, for sure! I've got Tribe fever and there ain't no cure!

The Cleveland Indians stripped the Boston Red Sox of a victory faster than Sharon Reed shed clothes during sweeps week! (Hey, that's what happens when SOME of the Cleveland media nitwits step outside of their Cuyahoga County comfort zone, huh? 'Cause Dave Letterman is a God - and I am not - and I just thought, that you should know...)

Anyway, I'm standing by my predictions, right or wrong. I think this team has potential - and, hey, I'm the first one to point out the flaws of any Cleveland sports franchise.

And I'll even quote the snarky sarcasm of Newman from "Seinfeld" in regards to Ben Broussard: "Nice game, pretty boy!" (Hey, don't sour on Ben Broussard just yet - he has shown his own flashes of brilliance - despite having diapers to change. He's still a valuable commodity, despite all the naysayers...)

And additional kudos to Woody Paige of "Cold Pizza" for picking the Tribe to be in the World Series - my playful poking banter may have just rubbed off on "The Woodman" just yet - this guy knows his sports!

Good night, Cleveland! And get out your brooms for the Boston bean town sweep! Right or wrong, let's keep on enjoying the roller coaster ride!

McSeacrest OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home