Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Inside The Blogger's Studio: Or Why Hobbits Should Be Allowed To Play Notre Dame Football!

"The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need: My name in print. This really makes me a somebody. Things are going to start happening to me now..." -- Steve Martin ("The Jerk")

Um, or not.

"Rudy" is kind of like a Lifetime Original Movie ...for men.

So here is a shout out for all Notre Dame football fans here in Cleveland, Ohio. And, yes, I love The Ohio State Buckeyes, too (Hey, I said in a previous post that they were, in fact, the BEST team in college football last season, despite the rankings. OSU blew the Texas game, but if not for that, they played like the #1 team in the nation in the 2006 Fiesta Bowl).

In my defense, I'm Irish-Catholic. So in my household, Notre Dame football - and bartenders - are viewed as Gods.

But, come on, "Rudy" is one of the greatest sports movies of all time (behind "Field of Dreams") - and if you are one of the many people that HATES Notre Dame football, well, all I can say is this:

"He's shooting at the cans - He hates these cans!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home