Saturday, September 17, 2005

Toobin' The Tube 2005: Gilmore Girls, Girls, Girls!

"Truth is ...I don't stand a chance. It's something you're born into ...and I just don't belong. No, I don't - I'm just a no class, beat down fool - And I will always be that way. I might as well enjoy my life, and watch the stars play..."

Gilmore Girls and Lauren Graham have to be THE BIGGEST SNUB in the entire Emmy universe! I'm a football, sports fanatic guy, whose biggest idea of watching "chick flicks" is watching Rudy on a rainy afternoon (which, um, is kind of like a Lifetime movie for men, I guess...).

But I got sucked into the last season of Gilmore Girls - it was brilliant! And now I'm addicted. Kelly Bishop is also fantastic and deserves a Best Supporting actress nod - How the "Emmy voters" missed this show is beyond me! I can only quote Al Pacino from Glengarry Glen Ross: "Where'd ya learn your trade-?!?"

Also, Scrubs deserved a Best Comedy nomination as well as Matthew Fox for Lost (he's the GLUE that holds the island together!). Arrested Development is funny, but too "nerd-centric" which is why all the critics love it - but it's too "out there" for consideration. Jason Bateman rocks, but that show is completely overrated!

And Will and Grace-? Who's left to guest-star on this show-? Charo-? Or Charles Nelson Reilly-??? Give it up, it was a good show in it's day, but it has jumped the shark...

And no one makes me laugh harder on Monday nights than Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men (other than the St. Louis Rams!) - if comedy is hard, than he makes it look easy! And there's more to it than "Charlie Sheen just playing himself," Emmy simpletons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home