Saturday, September 17, 2005

Toobin' The Tube 2005: Gilmore Girls, Girls, Girls!

"Truth is ...I don't stand a chance. It's something you're born into ...and I just don't belong. No, I don't - I'm just a no class, beat down fool - And I will always be that way. I might as well enjoy my life, and watch the stars play..."

Gilmore Girls and Lauren Graham have to be THE BIGGEST SNUB in the entire Emmy universe! I'm a football, sports fanatic guy, whose biggest idea of watching "chick flicks" is watching Rudy on a rainy afternoon (which, um, is kind of like a Lifetime movie for men, I guess...).

But I got sucked into the last season of Gilmore Girls - it was brilliant! And now I'm addicted. Kelly Bishop is also fantastic and deserves a Best Supporting actress nod - How the "Emmy voters" missed this show is beyond me! I can only quote Al Pacino from Glengarry Glen Ross: "Where'd ya learn your trade-?!?"

Also, Scrubs deserved a Best Comedy nomination as well as Matthew Fox for Lost (he's the GLUE that holds the island together!). Arrested Development is funny, but too "nerd-centric" which is why all the critics love it - but it's too "out there" for consideration. Jason Bateman rocks, but that show is completely overrated!

And Will and Grace-? Who's left to guest-star on this show-? Charo-? Or Charles Nelson Reilly-??? Give it up, it was a good show in it's day, but it has jumped the shark...

And no one makes me laugh harder on Monday nights than Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men (other than the St. Louis Rams!) - if comedy is hard, than he makes it look easy! And there's more to it than "Charlie Sheen just playing himself," Emmy simpletons!

2 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Powermoon said...

Hi, I just spend the last couple of hours blog surfing and came across your blog!

If you are interested, go see my Track Lighting Fixtures related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger edwardbrinick69260973 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home