Monday, December 03, 2007

Postcards from the Cleveland edge and a memo to Anderson Varejao: "Adios, amigo!"

So Anderson Varejao feels he is underpaid and underappreciated by the Cleveland Cavaliers, huh?

Well, the boy from Brazil is getting a rather rude awakening now, don't you think? Sure, the young Cavs are talent-thin around the nucleus that revolves around mega-star, LeBron James, no doubt.

But the amount of money he is reportedly asking for (whether it be $10 million a year, $8 million a year, anything over $4-5 million a year OR more than whatever Sasha Pavlovic was granted with his new contract) is absolutely insane.

Varejao is a "very talented role player on defense" - at best. Oh, and he is (was?) a "fan favorite" as well - but, really, how much is that worth in the end? Apparently, every other team in the NBA believes: Not that much (to throw bricks).

I find it equally ludicrous that Cavs' GM, Danny Ferry, actually flew down to Brazil to talk to Varejao about his contract (or whatever happened down there) - and then Andy threw a major "hissy fit" to the media in the process. That's how things can change on a dime, huh?

I have very little interest in the Cleveland Cavaliers this season, regardless - but this entire situation makes me care all the less. I wish them the best simply because when they do well, the city of Cleveland does well (by association).

In any case, my bleeding heart will always belong to the Browns and the Indians, first and foremost, I suppose (despite all the penalties, blown leads, and blown opportunites). Sorry, but the NBA (as a whole) simply makes me ...queasy.

Whatever the case, I'll be talking about all this, the Browns losing to the woeful Arizona Roadrunners, and more tonight as a guest on Blog Talk Radio: BC Sports Treehouse Fort for Blogcritics.org tonight at 8:40 pm (Gotham City time).

Hey, just like "The Janitor" from Scrubs, I work the "pre-dawn slot" on Mondays down at The Giggle Pit, it seems - and, hey, rightfully so! Regardless, I'm pretty sure (nay, absolutely positive) that Jim Donovan and Mike Greenberg can sleep well tonight...

I'll just have to lose the marbles in my mouth, try not to embarrass myself too much, and "muddle on through the best I can." If nothing else, it should be fun and a nice flashback to my time as a "co-host" on late-night Cleveland State college radio, right?

Internet/satellite radio is the wave of the future, it seems. Huh. Who knew? Not me if the performance of my Sirius stock is any indication! Regardless, thanks to Matt Sussman (our fearless BC Sports ringleader) for the opportunity, nonetheless.

3 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh please sweetie! you are a breath of fresh air..if nothing else!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Chris McVetta said...

Um ...thanks???

POW! Take that Ohio Center for Broadcasting!!!

No, seriously, it's not "the Buzzard-era" of radio reincarnated (to be sure) - but still a blast nonetheless! Me had fun.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I know this has nothing to do with the original article, but what season/episode of scrubs does janitor reveal that he works the pre-dawn slot at the giggle pit?

I know he snaps JD's pencil before that, but i can't remember which episode.

Thanks,

Jack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home