Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Cleveland Indians vs. The Kansas City Royals: Swept Away like Madonna's acting career!

"Falling asleep at the wheel again, baby - You're drifting over the line (the line) - yeah! Your hands are tight but you're losing grip quickly. Fix me, can you read the signs-?"

So my beloved Cleveland Indians have just been swept by the lame Kansas City Royals - is there no justice in The Universe-?

Ah well, what is there left to say-? It's a sad state of affairs when the Indians have the talent that they do on their team - but there are few excuses that can be made for this sorry sight...

It's an exciting team: Grady Sizemore, Travis Hafner, Jhonny Peralta and Victor Martinez at the helm. Ben Broussard and Casey Blake have been playing with passion, which is a great thing.

But I'm sorry, kids, because I don't know how to solve this "X-Files" - as Scully and I swill beer from our hotel room out in Roswell in stunned disbelief.

Even C.C. Sabathia has - excuse the pun - "carried his weight" on this team since his triumphant return (and I'll be the first to admit that I have been critical of Sabathia here, but he has thankfully proven me wrong. Hand me the "Moron of the Millenium Award" - and I'll accept it graciously - and move on).

So, where do we go from here, as fans of The Tribe-? I simply don't know, folks. As Fox Mulder would often say: "I want to believe."

But the fact remains that this Tribe team is underachieving - and how anyone can fix a team with all this talent is a mystery still waiting to be solved...

"It ain't pretty - after the show. It ain't pretty when the pretty leaves you - with no place to go. If you think you want it - here's the place to get it. But it ain't pretty..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home